Six fabulous New York-based zines (and one from Pennsylvania!) provide a delicious evening of readings.
- We'll Never Have Paris, for all things never meant to be;
- Absent Cause, exploring the heart of dark and underground cultures;
- You Know Better, for the words you should have said (and some you shouldn't);
- Obsolete, an alphabet of poems inspired by dead words;
- I Heart NYC (well not really but I'm trying), part visitor guide and part perzine;
- Primordial Perfection, a glimpse into one of the last wild places on earth; UPDATE: PP will not be reading.
- Lower East Side Librarian Winter Solstice Shout-out, personal with a political bent (journal entries, essays, lists, and a shit ton of book reviews).
Hear powerful works of nonfiction from renowned transgender performance artist Imani Henry, along with readings from Andria Alefhi, Betsy Housten, Redguard, Jenna Freedman, Amanda Plumb, Kaegan Sparks and others. This marks the first in a series of quarterly zine readings at Bluestockings! Come kick it off with us -- open mic for zinesters follows, so bring your new, your old, your work-in-progress. Current issues of featured zines will also be available.